These options are passed as shell environment variables to the Makefile, e.g.
$ PLATFORM=FORDBOARD make
Try adding the -j4 flag to your calls to make to build 4 jobs in parallel - the speedup can be quite dramatic.
- PLATFORM - Select the target microcontroller platform (see the platform specific pages for valid options).
- DEBUG - Set to 1 to compile with debugging symbols and to enable debug logging. See the platform docs for details on how to read this output.
- LOG_STATS - Set to 1 to enable logging CAN message and output message statistics over the normal DEBUG output.
- BENCHTEST - Set to 1 to enable write mode on the CAN controllers so messages are ACKed. SEe the testing section for more details.
- NETWORK - By default, TCP output of OpenXC vehicle data is disabled. Set this to 1 to enable TCP output on boards that have an Network interface (only the chipKIT Max32 right now).
- NETWORK_ALLOW_RAW_WRITE - By default, raw CAN message write requests are not allowed from the network interface even if the CAN bus is configured to allow raw writes - set this to 1 to accept them.
- BLUETOOTH_ALLOW_RAW_WRITE - By default, raw CAN message write requests are not allowed from the Bluetooth interface even if the CAN bus is configured to allow raw writes - set this to 1 to accept them.
- USB_ALLOW_RAW_WRITE - By default, raw CAN message write requests are allowed from the wired USB interface (if the CAN bus is also configured to allow raw writes) - set this to 0 to block them.
- BINARY_OUTPUT - By default, the output format is JSON. Set this to 1 to use a binary output format, described more in Binary Output Format.
- BOOTLOADER - By default, the firmware is built to run on a microcontroller with a bootloader (if one is available for the selected platform), allowing you to update the firmware without specialized hardware. If you want to build to run on bare-metal hardware (i.e. start at the top of flash memory) set this to 0.